PIV (Particle Image Velocimetry)
Next Course Offering:
TBD, email to be added to interest list
PIV (Particle Image Velocimetry) is an non-invasive imaging methodology used to visualize and quantify flow fields. Some applications include determining vorticity from an object in a flow, quantifying turbulence caused by a airfoil, or observing disturbances in microflows within microfluidic devices.
Vision Research is presenting a short course intended for potential and current users of Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV). The goal is to provide users a guide to best practices on setting up the high-speed camera, and configuring specific software packages. This course will be partly guided by Vision Research and a PIV software provider.
- Key Concepts in High Speed Imaging
- Traditional Flow Measurement (Using Sensors)
- 2D Particle Image Velocimetry (2D PIV)
- 3D Particle Image Velocimetry (3D PIV)
- Synchronizing cameras (hardware/software)
- Event Characterization and Full-Field Analysis