Case Studies and Whitepapers
Turbulent Entrainment - PIV and PLIF can provide information on how turbulent flows interact with each other.
Overcoming Shot Noise Limitations with Bright Field Mode
Back Side Illumination Advances High-Speed Imaging- The Phantom TMX utilizes a revolutionary back side illuminated high-speed sensor that provides extreme light sensitivity for dark environments in flow imaging.
Coughing Research - Researchers used Background Oriented Schlieren (BOS) to visualize airflow based on local refractive index variations.
- An in-depth explanation on how Bright Field Mode helps high-speed imaging situations where the light-levels of details are difficult to see.
High-Speed Imaging Uncovers the Invisible with Schlieren Imaging
- A whitepaper which discusses how this unique imaging technique allows for the visualization of gases.
Precision Explosives Analysis with High-Speed Imaging
– This whitepaper is an in-depth look into the study of combustion in an explosives setting by utilizing shadowgraphy.
Examining Two-Phase Flow and Heat Transfer
- A case study on the observation of how heat transfers between one or more fluids.
Deep Sea PIV
- Researchers at Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute use PIV to study gelatinous deep sea creatures.
Explosives Engineering & Shock Waves Analysis
– A Phantom Academy course that covers the methods and best practices when imaging combustion events.
Characterization of Respiratory Droplets & Gases
- A course on utilizing Background Oriented Schlieren (BOS) to image droplets and gases.
Imaging Transparent Flows: Shadowgraphy & Schlieren
- A course on understanding how to setup these imaging methods and when to use them.
Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV)
- A short course on PIV setup up, execution, and processing.