Phantom VEO® high-speed cameras are compact, rugged and packed full of features to enable a variety of traditional and advanced imaging applications.
The VEO640S camera model uniquely doubles as a research tool and a high-speed camera suited for the media industry thanks to the 35mm 2.5K resolution sensor, on-camera controls, CFast 2.0 media and a compact 5.6 lb (2.5kg) 5-inch (12.7cm) cube form factor for compatibility with specialty and remote rigs.
The VEO 640 is a 4 megapixel camera with over 6 Gigapixels/second (Gpx/s) throughput. This translates to the ability to record up to 1400 frames-per-second (fps) at its 2560 x 1600 resolution, and up to 2800 fps at 1080p HD. The top speed at reduced resolution is 360,000 fps. With the maximum RAM configuration of 72 GB, at 1400 fps the VEO 640 provides over 8 seconds of record time.
All Phantom VEO camera models are available in two body styles, L and S. The L-model includes everything needed for traditional software-based capture and motion analysis. The S-model includes additional signal availability, on-camera controls, ruggedized connectors and compatibility with removable CFast 2.0 storage media. Both models include 3G HD-SDI and HDMI outputs and our new versatile Programmable I/O infrastructure.
Choose the body style, memory configuration and lens mount that works best for your application and budget. Nikon F/G, C-mount, PL-mount and Canon EF (with electronic access to aperture and focus) lens mounts are available.
VEO cameras are built tough and rated to withstand up to 30G as configured or up to 100G without the internal mechanical shutter option which is standard on all models. The internal components are completely isolated which protects the electronics for long-term reliability.
* Measured according to ISO 12232:2006 method
Link to the VEO Service and Support
What’s in the Box…
- Power supply
- Ethernet cable
- SDI video cable
- Phantom PCC software
- Printed manual (available soon)
Common resolutions and frame-rates, other resolutions available
- Phantom VEO cameras are compact, rugged and full of premium features. The 640 model captures at over 1,400 frames-per-second at four megapixel resolution.
- Programmable I/O, SDI video, Canon EOS lens support and optional CFast 2.0 recording media are just a few of the features you will appreciate.
- Available in both L and S styles.
- 6 Gpx/second
- Max speed at full resolution of 2560 x 1600 is 1,400 fps
- Speed at 1920 x 1080 is 2,800 fps
- Max speed at reduced resolution of 128 x 4 is 300,000 fps
- Min frame rate of 24 fps
- CMOS sensor
- 2560 x 1600 pixels
- 10 µm pixel size
- 25.6 mm x 16.0 mm
- 12-bit depth
- ISO Monochrome 6,400 D
- ISO Color 1,250 D
- E.I range 1,250-6,400 (color); 6,400 - 40,000 (mono)
- TE cooled
- CAR in 128 x 4 increments
- 1 µs minimum exposure
- Global electronic shutter
- Exposure Index (E.I.) for controlling apparent ISO
- Extreme Dynamic Range (EDR)
- Auto Exposure
- Shutter Off mode for PIV
- 18 GB, 36 GB, 72 GB high-speed internal RAM
- On-board removable CFast 2.0 cards (S-models) up to 256GB
- 8.5 seconds at maximum frame rate, largest resolution and into maximum internal memory
- Segment memory for up to 63 cines in multi-cine mode
- Continuous recording
- Programmable I/O
- HD-SDI and HDMI video
- Event marking
- Frame timestamp (IRIG SMPTE or MISP)
- IRIG in/out (modulated and unmodulated)
- Shutter off mode for PIV exposure
- 1.73 µs straddle time
- Standard Internal mechanical shutter for automatic/remote Current Session Reference (CSR)
- Image-Based Auto-Trigger (IBAT)
- One 12 VDC, 6W auxiliary power port
- Secondary IP address
- Field-based firmware upgrades
- Programmable trigger location (pre/post trigger recording)
- Image-Based Auto-Trigger
- Trigger from software
- Trigger from on-camera controls (S-model)
- Hardware trigger BNC
Timing & Synchronization
- 20 ns timing accuracy
- Frame synchronization to internal or external clock (FSYNC)
- IRIG in/out (modulated or unmodulated)
- Dedicated Trigger and Timecode In BNCs on camera body
- Range Data input on S-model camera body (Fischer)
- Programmable I/O ports includes adjustable (assign and define) signals including F-sync, strobe, event, trigger output, ready and more
- Gb Ethernet for both control and data. Fischer port on S-models; RJ45 port on L-models
- On-Camera Controls (OCC) on S-model camera
- Phantom Camera Control (PCC)
- SDK available
- 3G HD-SDI and HDMI on all VEO models.
- Additional 3G HD-SDI BNC port on back.
- Supports up to 1080p60.
- Nikon F-mount standard, supports F & G style lenses
- Canon EOS mount optional
- PL-mount optional
- C-mount optional
- (lens not included)
- White Balance
- Tone curve
- Color matrix
- Image flip and rotate
- National Instruments M- and X-Series DAQ modules with integrated support in PCC
- Basic measurements via Phantom Application:
- Angles and Angular Speed
- Manual and Automatic point collection for target tracking
- Compatible with 3rd party solutions
Supported File Formats
- Cine RAW, Cine Compressed, AVI, h.264 mp4, Apple ProRes .mov, Multipage TIFF, MXF PAL, MXF NTSC, Uncompressed QuickTime, Windows BMP, OS/2 BMP, PCX, TGA, TIFF, LEAD, JPEG, JTIF, RAW, DNG, DPX
- 100 - 240 VAC, 16-32 VDC via primary power input.
- 65 Watt 24V power supply included
- Secondary power input, down to 12V via capture port on S-model cameras
- Size (without lens): 5.0 x 5.0 x 5.0 inches (L x W x H); 12.7 x 12.7 x 12.7 cm
- Weight: 5.6 lbs (2.5 kg)
- Operating Temperature: -10°C - 50°C
- Shock:MIL-STD-202G Method 213-B. Rated 30G with shutter; 100G without shutter; sawtooth wave, 11ms, +/- 10 pulses all axes (60 total)
- Vibration: Rated 12Grms; Figure 2A-1, Test Condition D, 15 min per axis (without lenses)
- Phantom SDK
Ships Standard With
- Power supply
- Ethernet cable
- SDI DIN Cable
- Phantom PCC software
- Getting Started Guide
- Canon EOS lens mount